To qualify for Nottingham Central Heating Grants, the new central heating system to be installed must include a central heating boiler which uses radiators to heat your home.
Nottingham Central Heating Grants main qualifying criteria requires that the new central heating system is installed in domestic premises which do not currently have, and has never had a central heating system before.
If a central heating system has been installed before but removed, unfortunately you will not qualify for the Nottingham Central Heating Grants Scheme.
To qualify for Nottingham Central Heating Grants you must also receive one of the qualifying State Benefits, Tax Credits or Other Allowances unless you qualify under ECO Flex Rules, please see below.
Complete the form on this page to see if you qualify for the Nottingham Central Heating Grants Scheme and we’ll call you back to arrange a FREE SURVEY.
1. You must be a home owner, or a tenant in a privately rented home.
If you rent your home from a local council or a housing association, or live in a shared ownership home, unfortunately you will not qualify for the Nottingham central heating grants scheme.
2. Your home must have one of the following heating systems, or no heating at all:
- Electric room heaters
- Electric storage heaters
- Gas room heaters
- Gas fire with back boiler and no radiators
- Solid fossil fuel fire with back boiler and no radiators
- Electric underfloor or ceiling heating but not part of an electric boiler system
- Bottled LPG room heating
- Solid fossil fuel room heaters
- Wood or biomass room heating
- Oil room heaters
The existing heating system used to assess whether you qualify for Nottingham Central Heating Grants is that which appears as the ‘Main Heating’ system on the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your home.
You can see your EPC HERE if one has been prepared.
3. You must receive at least one of the Qualifying Benefits, or qualify under ECO Flex Rules
To qualify for Nottingham Central Heating Grants, either you or someone living permanently with you, must receive at least one of the following State Benefits, Tax Credits or Other Allowances unless you qualify under ECO Flex Rules:
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
- War Pensions Mobility Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
ECO Flex Rules allow local councils to recommend that a householder qualifies for a grant even if they don’t receive one of the qualifying benefits. Each council can determine its own ECO Flex Rules but across England generally, you must have a low income and spend more than 10% of your income to heat your home.
The ECO Flex Scheme and Nottingham Central Heating Grants.
4. Your home must be well insulated