There are two main qualification requirements for Room in Roof Insulation Grants:
1. Your Attic Room
- The attic room must have permanent stairs leading up to it which are capable of walking down, forwards. This means that loft ladders are unacceptable.
- The room must be in part of your roof. This means that the height of any vertical walls must be a maximum of 1.8 metres.
- The rafters in the attic room must be ventilated to reduce any condensation.
- The roof must be sound, that is, no damp, rot, mould or unsafe electrical connections.
2. Your State Benefits, Tax Credits or Allowances.
To qualify for Room in Roof Insulation Grants you, or someone permanently living in your home with you, must receive at least one of the following benefits or qualify under ECO Flex rules:
- Pension Credit – Guarantee Credit
- Pension Credit – Savings Credit
(Over one million pensioners are entitled to Pension Credit but don’t claim it. To check whether you are eligible click HERE go to the Government website.)
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
- Housing Benefit
ECO Flex Rules allow local councils to recommend that a householder qualifies for the gas central heating grants for pensioners scheme without the need to receive one of the qualifying benefits above.
Room In Roof Insulation Grants are available from the Government’s ECO4 Scheme