There are two main qualification requirements for Room in Roof Insulation Grants:
1.Your Attic Room
- The attic room must have permanent stairs leading up to it which are capable of walking down, forwards. This means that loft ladders are unacceptable.
- The room must be in part of your roof. This means that the height of any vertical walls must be a maximum of 1.8 metres.
- The rafters in the attic room must be ventilated to reduce any condensation.
- The roof must be sound, that is, no damp, rot, mould or unsafe electrical connections.
2. Your State Benefits, Tax Credits or Allowances.
To qualify for Room in Roof Insulation Grants you, or someone permanently living in your home with you, must receive at least one of the following:
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
- War Pensions Mobility Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
Room In Roof Insulation Grants are available from the Government’s ECO Scheme