Attic Insulation Grants provide ECO funding to insulate your attic room, loft conversion or other roof space.
To qualify for Attic Insulation Grants you must:
1.Receive one of the following State Benefits, Tax Credits or Other Allowances or qualify under ECO Flex rules:
- Pension Credit – Guarantee Credit
- Pension Credit – Savings Credit
(Over one million pensioners are entitled to Pension Credit but don’t claim it. To check whether you are eligible click HERE go to the Government website.)
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
- Housing Benefit
ECO Flex Rules allow local councils to recommend that a householder qualifies for the gas central heating grants for pensioners scheme without the need to receive one of the qualifying benefits above.
2. Your attic room must also meet the following conditions:
- The attic room must have a proper staircase leading up to it which is capable of walking down, forwards. This means that loft ladders are not acceptable.
- The room must be in part of your roof. This means that the height of any vertical walls in your attic room must be a maximum of 1.8 metres.
- The rafters in your attic room must be ventilated to reduce any condensation.
- The roof of your home must be sound, that is, no damp, rot, mould or unsafe electrical connections.
Either rigid insulation boards or fibreglass insulation will be used to insulate your attic room.
In most cases, Attic Insulation Grants will cover the full cost of insulating your attic room.
Plasterboard will be fitted over the rigid foam insulation, ready for to decorate.