3. Your tenant must receive one of the qualifying benefits, tax credits or other allowances OR qualify under ECO Flex Rules
Qualifying benefits include:
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
- War Pensions Mobility Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
ECO Flex Rules are set by local authorities for homes situated within their boundaries. The ECO Flex central heating grants for landlords scheme allows householders who do not receive one of the benefits above, to qualify because they are on a low income and struggle heat their home properly.
Currently we only cover the local authority areas of Liverpool, Leicester, Nottingham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Dudley for ECO Flex.
4. The walls and roof of your rental property must be well insulated before a new central heating systems can be installed.
The installation company may be able to help with cavity wall insulation or loft insulation but if the can’t, it is your responsibility as owner of the property.
Please note that the central heating grants for landlords scheme may not pay for the full cost of installing a new central heating system.
The calculation of the amount offered for central heating grants for landlords is based on the characteristics of the rental property. Higher grants are normally offered for larger properties, those with more than 3 bedrooms, solid wall properties and those with more external walls, ie. end terraced, semi-detached and detached.
Central heating grants for landlords will only contribute to the cost of installing an A rated central heating boiler, radiators, associated pipework and control systems.
Central heating grants for landlords will not cover the cost of connecting a gas supply to your rental property or installing a gas meter.
However, for tenants living in Liverpool, Liverpool City Council has grants available to install a gas supply as long as your tenant meets the necessary qualifying criteria in section 3 above. More information about central heating grants for landlords in Liverpool can be found HERE.