In order to qualify for solar panel grants you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be a home owner or a tenant of a private landlord (council tenants, housing association tenants and those in shared ownership accommodation do not qualify).
- You, or someone who lives with you, must receive one of the qualifying State Benefits below.
- Your home must NOT have a mains gas supply
- Your home must have an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) rating of E, F or G. You can check the EPC for your home by clicking HERE
- You must live in a house. Flats are not included in this scheme.
We cover most areas of mainland England, Scotland and Wales, except the most northerly areas of Scotland. Northern Ireland has it’s energy support schemes.
Once you have completed the solar panel grants application form we will contact you to confirm the details on the form, fill in any gaps and arrange for a survey of your home.
With your permission, your enquiry will be passed to an ECO Scheme accredited installer of solar panels who will book a convenient date and time for the survey at your home.
The accredited installer will check that you receive one of the qualifying benefits and apply for ECO funding on your behalf.
If you meet all of the relevant qualifying criteria for solar panel grants the installation will be carried out. The whole process from completing the solar panel grants application form to having solar panels installed is usually around four weeks.
From the day the solar panels are installed you will start generating your own electricity to save on your energy bills. What’s more, also from day 1 you will completely own the solar panel system and you won’t have to pay anything towards it’s cost.
What could be better? A Free Solar Panel System and Free Electricity!